Event identifier and event category

Apr 15, 2008 at 3:57 PM
I would like to suggest a new feature.
Event logs support application defined event identifiers and event categories. Currently the event identifiers are fixed to the trace level. This is not very flexible.
It would be great if both the Event Identifier and the Even Category could be specified for infiviual log entries. This could also be useful not only for the eventlog but also for the other types of logging.
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2008 at 12:15 AM
Would you be satisfied with additional logging methods, such as Logger.InfoEvent and Logger.DebugEvent, that took the event id and category as arguments?
Apr 21, 2008 at 2:27 AM
Additional methods would certainly help, but additional properties that default to the current event identifiers/event categories that you currently use would IMO opinion be better because that means less code to write.
Mar 9, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Hello,

I use your trace software and I really appreciate it. But as suggested we feel a miss with a category event or group event to permit filter data on the viewer. Maybe I didn't Find function? does it exist? I think your proposal to add additional logging methods, such as Logger.InfoEvent and Logger.DebugEvent, that took the event id and category as arguments would be very satisfied. I don't want to make changes myself and have a spécific version.

In all case that's a very useful job, thanks.

christophe