View this CodeProject article
for documentation on how to use the Logger.
About the Downloads
| TracerX-Logger.dll || The logger assembly. The only TracerX file you must install with your application, unless you also want to install the viewer.|
| TracerX-Viewer.exe || The viewer application. You may want to associate this with the .tx1 file extension.|
| TracerX-Viewer.exe.config || The config file enables the viewer to save various settings like the most recently used file list, column selections, etc. The .exe may not start without the .config, so you must install this file in the same directory as the TracerX-Viewer.exe file. This file is not required for logging. |
The source download includes a Visual Studio 2010 solution containing five projects:
If you want to insert the TracerX source into your own solution, just copy the TracerX-Logger and TracerX-Viewer directories. You don't need to keep any of the other projects or solution-level files.
The .chm file (compiled help) was generated from the XML comments embedded in the TracerX-Logger source code.
- Displays a "start page" when there is no file loaded.
- Can be deployed and used via ClickOnce.
- Added a "New Window" item to the File menu (it actually starts another instance).
- Added a Close button to the toolbar.
- Put "new version is available" notice on the start page.
- Fixed incorrect icon that appears in column header after filtering is cancelled.
- Fixed inaccurate "percent complete" displayed when loading a large file.
- Fixed bug that occurs when logging to multiple binary files while logging method calls and using circular logging at the same time.