View this CodeProject article
for documentation on how to use the latest version of the Logger.
About the Downloads
The binaries download includes the following files.
| TracerX-Logger.dll || The logger assembly. The only TracerX file you must install with your application, unless you also want to install the viewer.|
| TracerX-Logger.xml || Enables intellisense documentation in Visual Studio. |
| TracerX-Viewer.exe || The viewer application. You may want to associate this with the .tx1 file extension.|
| TracerX-Viewer.exe.config || The config file enables the viewer to save various settings like the most recently used file list, column selections, etc. The .exe won't start without the .config, so you must install this file in the same directory as the TracerX-Viewer.exe file. This file is not required for logging. |
The source download includes a Visual Studio 2008 solution containing three projects (TracerX-Logger, TracerX-Viewer, TestApp, and Sample).
The new viewer will work with old log files, though some features only work with new-version logs.
- Added ability to filter by method name.
- Added auto-update feature (new lines appear in viewer when written by logger).
- Added ability to quickly color-code lines by thread, loggger, method, or trace level.
- Added support for multi-session (appended) log files.
- Added buttons to find next/previous block of output from current/different thread.
- Some minor bugs were fixed.
- Added option to open existing log file in append mode.
- Now supports up to 99 archives (backups).
- Added ability to create a plain text file.