Performance issue on MultiThread Application

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
hi,
i currently use a multithread application (approx 50 thread) that log into a single binary file almost 100 times a seconds.
After some running the application hangs and if iremove all logs all works fine again.
Are you aware about some issues on this multuthread situation ??
Thanks
Stefano
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM
That has never happened to me, but I've never used that many threads at once. I will try to reproduce it with a simple test app. Are you using a circular log, and do you think it's possible the hang occurs when the log wraps?
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I have been unable to reproduce this with two different test programs. Both of them were able to run 50 theads with each thread logging a message every 450 milliseconds. Both ran for about 10 hours before I stopped them. Is there any way you could send me a program that reproduces the problem?
Sep 24, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
Also my app run almost 50 threads but the write a log line every 10milliseconds or less.
I use the Verbose level for binary and none for text log.
and i use in very case the xFormat method for logging my app.

Currently i write approx 20MB of log every 30 minutes and i have notice that the things goes wrong primary when i use the
xxxCall method for logging the method call.

I use your great log in my automation software so i cannot send to you a test app.

Could you suggest me a good strategy for this intensive logging activity ???
Thanks
Stefano
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I will update my test to match your description.