Performance issue on MultiThread Application

Sep 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM
i currently use a multithread application (approx 50 thread) that log into a single binary file almost 100 times a seconds.
After some running the application hangs and if iremove all logs all works fine again.
Are you aware about some issues on this multuthread situation ??
Sep 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
That has never happened to me, but I've never used that many threads at once. I will try to reproduce it with a simple test app. Are you using a circular log, and do you think it's possible the hang occurs when the log wraps?
Sep 23, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I have been unable to reproduce this with two different test programs. Both of them were able to run 50 theads with each thread logging a message every 450 milliseconds. Both ran for about 10 hours before I stopped them. Is there any way you could send me a program that reproduces the problem?
Sep 24, 2013 at 6:48 AM
thanks for your reply.
Also my app run almost 50 threads but the write a log line every 10milliseconds or less.
I use the Verbose level for binary and none for text log.
and i use in very case the xFormat method for logging my app.

Currently i write approx 20MB of log every 30 minutes and i have notice that the things goes wrong primary when i use the
xxxCall method for logging the method call.

I use your great log in my automation software so i cannot send to you a test app.

Could you suggest me a good strategy for this intensive logging activity ???
Sep 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I will update my test to match your description.